Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

January 13, 2010

The start of something beautiful

As some of you know, I LOVE to bake. I always have. I love cookies, cakes, cupcakes and everything about sweet sugars!

So I decided to take a leap and take some classes. I signed up for a cake decorating class at Hobby Lobby and I am having a blast!
I was really nervous because I really don't have any hobbies and I've been itching for something to do that I feel like I'm really good at.

My friend Sara asked me to make a cake for someone special in her life and I said yes. I was really nervous because my first cake didn't really turn out the way I wanted it to. but tonight I took like 3 hours out of night and went a little obsessive compulsive and all I had to do tonight was frost the cake.

I was so proud of myself because I actually feel like I'm going to be really good at this whole cake decorating thing!!
here are the first few pics of the cake. It's not quite finished yet but once I get it done I'll post more pics.

In the process:


I just put down the fondant. It's a really cool looking orange creamcicle color

So, if anyone wants a cake done let me know and I would LOVE to do it for you! It's been such a cool experience learning how to do this!

1 comments:

Andrea said...

Wow! So impressed!