Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

November 11, 2008

Don't do crack

also kelsey Pictures, Images and Photos

That will make more sense once you keep reading.

Poor Danny, he is at Salt Lake Community College trying to register for Spring Semester today and they have been giving him the run around now for 3 hours!! He is going to school to become a plumber.
Many of you are probably saying "what?!? Plumbing?!? I thought he was a cop?!?!" well he was and still is.. in his heart.
He has tried really really hard and I am so amazed with his resilence and determination to become a police officer. But unfortunately the Lord has other things he wants us to do. He tried for a really long time and when he finally had it, he realized that maybe this wasn't what he wanted to do.

Before Danny went to the police academy he worked at a plumbing supply company and he loved it there, he gained a lot of friendships there and he was really happy doing his job, he didn't hate getting up in the morning to go to work like he was when he was working as a police officer.

So when he realized that he didn't want to be a police officer anymore he decided he wanted to be a plumber, the schooling is cheap and easy and he already has the knowledge of a 2 year apprentice from working at the plumbing supply company. He realized how much he could be making and that he can start his own business which he has always wanted to do.

I supported him 200% in his career change because I want him to be happy with what he is doing for a living and I figured he might as well change his mind now on what he wants to be when he grows up than be a grown up and change his mind then, right?

It's been a difficult past 4 years dealing with the police thing. with failed tests, making it through the stress of the police academy, the joys of him graduating, getting a job only to lose it again 2 months later, getting another job just to finally call it quits when your backs against the wall.
when he has wanted to give up I pushed him because I never wanted him to look back at it all and say "what if" I wanted him to give police work another try but after 4 years of constantly being beat up and pushed around it's time to throw in the towel and move on already. So when Danny came to me and told me he wanted to quit I felt a strange relief. All I want is for him to be happy because I find happiness in his happiness.

People always say that the first year of marriage is always the hardest but they lie, it's the 3rd. Atleast for me it has been. Not seeing your husband and spending time with him for a year and a half straight is really really hard on your marriage. But now I see him alot more, he actually stays up past 9 o'clock and watches tv with me and plays bookworm with me till the wee hours in the morning.

I can tell he is alot happier and when he is happy I'm happy!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah year 3 was hard for us too. It is all going to work out.