Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

February 1, 2008

I think I'm frozen but it was for a good reason

So I decided I wanted to go to President Hinckley's viewing today at the Conference Center. So right after work I jumped onto trax and headed downtown to meet up with Scott and Kaleen. They got there abour 45 minutes before I did and let me tell you... IT WAS A ZOO!!! there were so many people there it was out of control.

We ended up standing outside for 2 1/2 hours in the freezing cold and what made it worse is I was wearing high heels!! but it was so much fun, we met some really nice people in line and it was amazing how nice people were. It was probably abour 17 degrees outside and there was a sweet little old lady out there passing out hot chocolate for everyone and she wasn't even charging for it.. I know I would have. And then all of a sudden people were passing down cheez its and bags of chips for everyone. I was so amazed by how nice people were.

We finally got inside just to go sit for another 1 1/2 in the auditorum which was nice and they had President Hinckley's birthday concert playing. He is so stinkin' cute!!

Well after a total of 5 hours of waiting we finally got to meet our beloved Prophet. The moment we walked into the room that he was in I immediately was hit by the spirit. He looked so peaceful and so happy. I was so glad I finally got to meet him even if I couldnt get a hug from him.

As much as I complained about being there in the cold for so long and how much my feet kill me I am so glad I went and I will always hold that dear to my heart.
I finally made my goal by meeting all 3 members of the first presidency. I'm glad we are getting a new presidency so I can make another goal by meeting them!!

2 comments:

kaleen said...

so are you thawed out yet? :) when I think back about that night, I can't believe we actually saw the prophet...like it seems like it almost didn't happen. it's weird. probably because he wasn't up and moving around and making jokes. but i'm glad we went too, even though it was horrible waiting!

Rosie said...

That is so great you got to go to see President Hinckley! Even if you did freeze:)